- Introduction: To what extent can Desktop Grids contribute to eScience?
- Road map: This document, produced for the International Desktop Grid Federation (IDGF) is comprised of two parts. The first part constitutes a bird view of all the relevant topics to be considered when setting up a Desktop Grid infrastructure. This management part is addressed to political stakeholders and the general public. The second part offers a detailed and step-by-step description in five chapters of all the challenges and issues to be solved including relevant links to background information and practical examples. This technical part is aimed at Desktop Grid operators, scientific users, the academic user community, legal experts, and volunteer computing organisations.
15.30 - 16.00 How to: Robert Lovas - MTA SZTAKI
- Infrastructures: Desktop Grids, Bridge @ portals, different technologies
- Applications: Overview of applications and how to use them
- What is needed to port applications: EADM
OPTIMA@Home and SAT@Home are two applications running in production: achievements and results. Desktop Grids-related projects in Russia.
17.10 - 17.40: GBAC - Virtualization based execution environment for Desktop Grids: Attila Csaba Marosi - MTA SZTAKI
Virtualization for Desktop Grid applications at the client side in Hungary.
17.40 - 18.00: Experiences with Desktop Grids in Ukraine: Yuri Gordienko - G.V.Kurdyumov Institute for Metal Physics, National Academy of Sciences