Message Boards (Forum) sign in first! Message Boards (Forum) sign in first!

Back

Task/Work Unit Problem

Toggle
Hi All

I'm Danial, from Indonesia.
We have developed Boinc-server and Client.
But, we have some problem. As I show in scheme.
“A” is a client that have a job.
“B” is our Boinc server.
“C1, C2, Cn” are our PC that is installed Boinc (Boinc-client).

“A” can send job to “B”, “C” can connect and request task/work-unit to “B”.
But “C” still cannot proceed the task/work-unit. We suspect there are problems in porting applications.
Do you have any suggest about this?

I also attach our work’s documentation.

Thank you very much.

Dear Danial,

I read through the attached pdf (next time in english, please!) and I have the following suggestion:

First, I found an inconsistency in your pdf:
In your document I found this part:
===================================
Setting project.xml (untuk menambahkan applikasi client ke list)
#nano ~/prject/project.xml
<app>
<name>uppercase-example</name>
<user_friendly_name>Example Application</user_friendly_name>
</app>
===================================
From which I can see the user friendly name of the app is: "Example Application". However, on the 3rd screenshot showing the registered applications there are no application with this friendly name!

Are you sure that the steps you introduced are 100% consistent with the images?

Regarding the message "Scheduler request failed: Error 417":
Please, check this page, there is already a proposed solution:
http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/forum_thread.php?id=51980

Regarding the "Server can't open log file (/var/lib/boinc/test1/project/log_boinc/scheduler.log)":
Here is some detailed description of this message:
http://www.boinc-wiki.info/Message_from_server:_Server_can%27t_open_log_file_%28%27%28file-name%29%27%29
For this problem, please also check that the <log_dir> parameter is set correctly in config.xml.
Also check the existence of the directory and the permissions of the dir and the log file.

Regarding the signature problem:
Please, check that the .sig file is located at the directory (under project/apps) where the executable is.
Try executing update_versions again.
It might happened that after running "update_versions" you touched/modified the app executable. Never do that under boinc! If you want to change something, rename it as a new version, modify and run update_version again to create the new version.

Regards,
Jozsef

Ok, we still try what you suggest.
Thank you very much