Message Boards (Forum) sign in first! Message Boards (Forum) sign in first!

Back

No response after job submission

No response after job submission
3g bridge boinc
Answer
24/07/12 22:08
Hello everyone,
I am setting up a Boinc desktop grid with just one server and one client (for experimental reasons).

When I submit the job to the server using the 3G Bridge, I don't have any progress further. Sometimes the UUID of the submitted job is reported (as it is supposed to be), but sometimes the prompt never returns to the shell. The status check using the wsclient says the job is in "Init" phase, no matter how long the client is running, server sends no job to the client. The client frequently reports that the server has no jobs for processing.
When I check the status of the server, this is what I get. The status of the 3G bridge is always shown as NOT RUNNING / UNLOCKED. I am not sure if this is desired. The logs don't report any error (neither Boinc logs nor system logs).

I am able to submit a job and can also see the processing being done at the client side without 3G bridge for submission.

Any suggestions on what can go wrong? Or where I can look for some faults?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Best Regards,
Gokul

PS: Both the server and client are virtual machines running with about 500 MB RAM and have two network adaptors (one for LAN and the other for internet). The application is a simple image transformation code, which just rotates an input image.

RE: No response after job submission
Answer
22/12/14 13:47 as a reply to Gokul Krishnan.
Hello everyone,
I am setting up a Boinc desktop grid with just one server and one client (for experimental reasons).

When I submit the job to the server using the 3G Bridge, I don't have any progress further. Sometimes the UUID of the submitted job is reported (as it is supposed to be), but sometimes the prompt never returns to the shell. The status check using the wsclient says the job is in "Init" phase, no matter how long the client is running, server sends no job to the client. The client frequently reports that the server has no jobs for processing.
When I check the status of the server, this is what I get. The status of the 3G bridge is always shown as NOT RUNNING / UNLOCKED. I am not sure if this is desired. The logs don't report any error (neither Boinc logs nor system logs).

I am able to submit a job and can also see the processing being done at the client side without 3G bridge for submission.

Any suggestions on what can go wrong? Or where I can look for some faults?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Best Regards,
Gokul

PS: Both the server and client are virtual machines running with about 500 MB RAM and have two network adaptors (one for LAN and the other for internet). The application is a simple image transformation code, which just rotates an input image.

Sign in first Sign in first