The 7th International Workshop on Science Gateways - IWSG 2015 - will be organized June 3-5, 2015 in Budapest, Hungary.
Science gateways are a community-specific set of tools, applications, and data collections that are integrated together via a web portal or a desktop application, providing access to resources and services of distributed computing infrastructures (DCIs). Science gateways offer the potential to open the utilisation of DCIs to wider audiences by providing a customised and easy to use user interface to access large computational and data resources. The complexity of the underlying infrastructure can be completely hidden from the end-users by a suitably tailored interface. As interest in science gateways has accelerated in the past few years, an increasing number of new user communities can utilise grid or cloud computing resources in a convenient manner.
The workshop aims to bring together researchers and scientists from different scientific domains, along with science gateways developers, to discuss problems and solutions in the area, to identify new issues, to shape future directions for research, foster the exchange of ideas, standards and common requirements and push towards the wider adoption of science gateways in e-Science.
The organizers invite the submission of papers related to various aspects of Science Gateways. Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
- Science gateway enabling technologies and development frameworks
- Ready to use science gateways in different areas and disciplines
- Management of high-throughput data via science gateways
- Portal technology and portal construction methods
- Usage models and gateway tools in different disciplines
- Security aspects of science gateways
- Usability studies of science gateways
- Workflows and service composition in science gateways
- High level tools for managing grid and cloud portability
- Demonstrations/success stories
There are three alternatives for researchers to present their work: talks, lightning talks, and demonstration sessions. Submission of a full paper may result in a talk, submission of an abstract may result in a lightning talk or a demonstration. Details of the call are available at http://iwsg2015.lpds.sztaki.hu/?m=3
For further details you can visit the workshop website at http://iwsg2015.lpds.sztaki.hu/