IDGF will be present with a tutorial/workshop and a booth at the EGI Community Forum 2014 in Helsinki, Finland, May 19-23, 2014.
On display at the booth are:
- CloudCase: a fully functional 8 RPI computer cluster-in-a-briefcase demonstrating: XtreemFS cloud file system, BOINC crowd computing, eStep e-Science middleware.
- Video list: Big Buck Bunny explaining Desktop Grids; Big Buck Bunny helps explaining XtreemFS; WeNMR video-interview with Alexandre Bonvin; BioNMR video interview with Goran Karlsson
- Demonstrations: On request we can demonstrate: WeNMR, BioVel, and Autodock applications running on crowd computing.
The 20th IDGF tutorial and workshop is titled "Supporting EGI users with crowd computing based on Desktop Grids" and hosts five presentations:
1. The HADDOCK WeNMR portal goes crowd computing by Alexandre M.J.J. Bonvin, WeNMR, Faculty of Science - Chemistry, Utrecht University, the Netherlands
2. Spatially explicit ecosystem modelling with the help of workflows and desktop grid technology by Peter Ittzes, BioVeL
3. Utilisation of IDGF computational resources: alternatives by Jozsef Kovacs, MTA SZTAKI, Hungary
4. Establishing and operating local desktop grids - use the power of your institutions idle computers by Tamas Kiss, University of Westminster, United Kingdom
5. Overview Crowd Computing by Ad Emmen, Stichting IDGF & AlmereGrid, The Netherlands
The tutorial/workshop will be concluded by a panel discussion.
More information is available at http://desktopgridfederation.org/programme20